RESTAURANT ASSISTANT MANAGER
- To ensure that the all operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established by the company.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service, menu, grooming and customer requirements.
- To be a hands-on manager by assisting in the operations during busy periods, taking orders and serving.
- To establish and strictly adhere to the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies and to ensure that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To control the purchases, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To follow up closely on the sales analysis in order to suggest changes to maximize the revenue.
- To submit all guest/staff incident reports to the Beverage Manager.
- To report “lost and found” items to Security.
- To attend all meetings as requested.
- Ensure that all Departmental Operations Manuals and Job Descriptions are up-to-date.
- Security: to maintain close surveillance over the cage area in order to detect any irregularities of the equipment, patrons, or staff, and any potentially dangerous situations, and report such matters to security and management.
- To assist in floor duties when required.
- To train subordinates in order to conform to minimum standards, policies and procedures.
- To manage, direct and supervise all departmental staff.
- To produce and control staff schedules, in adherence with the business demand.
- To control that the staff in performing their duties.
- To coordinate breaks for all staff.
- To be responsible for the adequate facilities and training of all staff.
- To coordinate tasks and delegate work to supervisors.
- To assist the Restaurant Manager conducting the yearly regular appraisals on staff.
- To recommend to the Restaurant Manager staff with potential for promotion and record their progress.
- To conduct interviews with applicants for positions within the department.
- To ensure that quality staff are recruited and maintained at all levels.
- To ensure that annual leave schedules are adhered to and planned for in advance.
- To enforce and oversee that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to, in accordance with company policy.
- To analyze and coordinate working schedules to maximize productivity and efficiency of staff.
- To have a complete knowledge of all amenities available to customers.
- To ensure that staff maintain a pleasant and friendly attitude at all times.
- To ensure that the staff adheres to the grooming procedure established by the company.
- To ensure that all beverage areas are adequately staffed at all times.
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all necessary supplies are available to the staff.
- To deal with customer conflicts in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- To constantly reevaluate ways to meet customer needs.
- To maintain a professional image at all times.
- To ensure, through effective supervision, that all services offered by the beverage personnel are carried out with the utmost efficiency, professionalism and courtesy.
- To ensure that staff maintains a pleasant, friendly and welcoming attitude at all times.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.