- JOB SUMMARY: The Gaming Technician is responsible for the overall and efficient operation of the gaming terminals and the equipment necessary to service and repair them in accordance with all company policies and procedures. This position will engage with all guests and team members professionally and provide friendly, efficient, service and assistance to guests and team members as needed.
- SCOPE: The Gaming Technician possesses the ability to problem solve and demonstrate good judgement and communication skills seeking supervisory or management assistance as needed.
- RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Gaming Technician
- Perform minor and major repairs on Gaming Machines, scheduled and un-scheduled.
- Keep complete records listing repairs of department equipment in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Share and communicate current and relative information regarding terminal(s) status with other Gaming Technician(s) and Lead Gaming Technician(s).
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure maximum machine performance.
- Be involved in all aspects of machine conversions and relocations to include player tracking and networking.
- Perform routine and advanced Gaming Terminal maintenance, including but not limited to working the Gaming floor and responding to guest opportunities and floor calls
- Establish thorough familiarity with all test and support equipment
- Be aware of all upcoming events and promotions.
- Have thorough knowledge of the player tracking system
- Attend to bill or voucher jams or other failures of the terminals.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of terminal technical issues and innovations.
- Ensure that any work done meets with the manufacturer’s minimum requirements. This includes the assembling and disassembling of equipment in strict accordance with diagrams and manuals.
- Examine all gaming related equipment for evidence of tampering and mechanical malfunctions.
- Responsible and accountable to comply with all key control policies/procedures.
- Accurately record problems or situations at the terminals, in terms of repairs, maintenance and spare stock levels.
- Conduct periodic stock checks of spare parts and components for terminals and auxiliary equipment.
- Professionally resolve any floor disputes and complaints and refer any unsettled disputes to direct supervisor or Manager.
- The ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Provide BIG Service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction, inclusive of greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset.
- The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors.
- The ability to work safely. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Maintain regular attendance at scheduled shift and staff meetings.
- Maintain professionalism and a friendly and approachable demeanor throughout the shift.
- Assist with training/mentoring of new team members as requested.
- Maintain all appearance standards in accordance with established uniform and appearance guidelines.
- Inform manager on duty of any irregularities and unusual situations when they occur.
- Ability to keep a friendly, calm, and helpful demeanor in high-stress situations and a continuously fast-paced environment.
- Is honest in all interactions and displays a high degree of integrity.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision or as part of a team is required.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS: Maintains high standards of workmanship while carrying out the job responsibilities of the position.
OTHER DUTIES:The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time to include special projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 3 years electronics or installation and maintenance of networking/server-based hardware
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- Computer literate with knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Internal candidates must have been in their current position for at least six months and have no active disciplinary action during the last six months.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, this includes day, swing, late-night, weekend, and holiday shifts as scheduled.
- Must be able to obtain required work cards, and non-gaming registration as required by the local jurisdiction.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move in and around the entire facility throughout the entire workday.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to repeat the same movements.
- Required to use close, distance, color, peripheral, depth and ability to focus.
- Ability to handle small parts and manipulate objects.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, electric circuitry, and blueprints.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, testing and calibration instruments.
- Must be able to engage and interact with all guests appropriately and work well under the pressure of a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully communicate on a regular basis with all co-workers, vendors, and guests both in person and over the telephone.
- Must be able to answer all inquiries and provide assistance and information in a professional and accurate manner.
- Must be able to access and interpret information on computer screens.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist, balance, and work the entire property; to include the ability to tolerate changes in temperature.
- Must be able to work in environment where smoking is permitted and can be loud with guest chatter, overhead music, and live entertainment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds with or without assistance, up to 300 pounds using material handling equipment such as a hydraulic lift or hand truck, and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye hand coordination.
The content of this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
The Mint Gaming Hall at Kentucky Downs is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.